Retro Assembler V2.4 ReleasedApril 4, 2019⚑Retro Assembler
I had a couple of small bug fixes to do and in the same time I took the opportunity to update some directives, add new ones and work on the documentation a bit.
- New directive .encoding added. It controls how the directives .text and .textz turn strings into bytes.
- New directives .textz, .ascii and .asciiz added for finer control over text strings.
- Directive aliases .txt, .st and .stxt dropped to make things clearer.
- The directive .debug has been renamed to .print, but .debug is still an accepted alias. Alias .out dropped.
- New directive .error added. It prints a user raised error message on the console and stops the compiler.
- Error handling has been improved in source code processing.
- Standalone labels now produce warnings if they look similar to instructions, which may be a typo in the source code.
- The Notepad++ language files and the VS Code extension have been updated to support the new directives.
See the documentation for details.
Download the latest version from the Retro Assembler page!