The new version is out with a quite a lot of goodies. It took a while to implement all this, but it was worth it.
- The Zilog Z80 CPU has been added to the list of supported CPUs, so now the assembler covers most of the classic home computers.
- File formats for Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear ROMs have been added, along with TAP file support for ZX Spectrum 48K projects.
- The expression evaluator now can handle complex expressions in Instructions and Macro function calls too. It used to work that way only for Variables, but now it's up to you to manage values using parentheses everywhere. It doesn't interfere with the parentheses used in the instruction addressing mode, if you do it right. When in doubt, just keep using a Variable to build your complex expressions.
- Bitwise-NOT number manipulation has been added.
- Light scripting is possible using the BeforeBuild and AfterBuild setting values that may appear multiple times in the source code.
- The Visual Studio Code Extension has been updated, along with the Notepad++ support files to show the Register names with a more distinct color. The need for this became quite pressing in Z80 source code files.
If everything goes right, this will be the first time current users will be notified about a version update by the assembler itself. Exciting times!
See the documentation for details.
Download the latest version from the Retro Assembler page!